Scope and Application
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us through your access or use of the Services, such as when you create or modify your account, request on-demand services, contact customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. This information may include: your name, email address, phone number, profile picture, payment method, and other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Through Your Use of Our Services
When you use our Services, we collect personal information (i.e. information that could be used to contact you directly such as full name, phone number, or email address) (“Personal Information”) and demographic information (i.e. information that you submit, or that we collect, that is not personal information; this may include, but is not limited to, post code, hometown, gender, username, device information, including the type of mobile device you use, a unique device identifier, mobile network information, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile browser you use, time zone setting, device location, IP address, SMS data, transaction information, age/birth date.
We also use GPS technology to determine your current location. Some of our location-enabled Services require your personal data for the feature to work. If you wish to use the particular feature, you will be asked to consent to your data being used for this purpose.
Use of Personal Data
We may use Personal Data which you provide to us or we collect from you to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Services, including, for example, to facilitate payments, send receipts, provide services you request (and send related information), develop new features, provide customer support to Students and Tutors, develop safety features, authenticate users, and send product updates and administrative messages;
- Perform internal administration and operations, including, for example, to prevent fraud and abuse of our Services; to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems; to conduct data analysis, testing, and research; and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends;
- Send or facilitate communications between Student and Tutor, such as estimated times of arrival.
- Send you communications we think will be of interest to you, including information about services, promotions, news.
- Notify you about changes to our services.
- Keep our Services safe and secure
Storage and Transfer of Personal Data
- To preserve the integrity of our databases, to carry out on-going Services on your behalf, for research, analytics and statistics purposes and to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations, we retain Personal Information and Demographic Information submitted by Students and Tutors for a reasonable length of time. Tootar is not responsible for the accuracy of the information you provide, and will modify or update your Personal Information in our databases upon your request.
Sharing of Personal Data
Through Our Services
We may share your Personal Data:
- With Tutors to enable them to provide the Services you request. For example, we share your name and location of meetup point with Tutors.
Other Important Sharing
We may share your Personal Data;
- In response to a request for information by a competent authority if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or is otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation, or legal process;
- With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties to enforce or apply our Terms of Service, to investigate potential breaches or if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our Terms of Service, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Tootar or Students & Tutors
- Your Tootar profile is password-protected so that only you and authorized Tootar employees have access to your account information. Tootar staff will never proactively reach out to you and ask for any personal account information, including your password.
- If you have any questions, comments and requests related to this Privacy Statement, please contact us at email@example.com